Amos Spoor Bonded Warehouses
Listed Building Grade II
Newcastle upon Tyne, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Seven storey, twenty-three bay bonded warehouse building in Flemish bond brick. Usually known as Hanover Street Warehouses, despite their frontage being on Close. Currently derelict and in poor condition, but there are plans to develop them.
- Street Address
- Hanover Street
- 1841 - 1844 Construction of warehouses.
Spoor, Amos: Commissioned works.
- 1970s Warehouses abandoned.
- 1980s Warehouses 10-30 were demolished and replaced with a terraced garden.
- 1997 Warehouse 50 severely damaged by fire and partly demolished.
- There were five warehouses here, numbered 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50. Only 40 now survives.
Images of England
- Pevsner, N., Richmond, I., Grundy, J., McCombie, G., Ryder, P. and Welfare, H. (2001) The Buildings of England: Northumberland. London, Penguin Books, p.469
The information displayed in this page has been derived from authoritative
sources, including any referenced above. Although substantial efforts
were made to verify this information, the SINE project cannot guarantee
its correctness or completeness.